Girls Varsity Soccer
Be a strong leader by example (one of the hardest workers on the team, displaying a high level of commitment, focus, intensity, attitude, and effort) a strong vocal leader with good communication skills (one who will encourage, support, and positively hold all teammates accountable).
The primary purpose of the TWO TEAM CAPTAINS will be to positively influence teammates on-and-off the field. The team captain selection is NOT a popularity contest, but a selection of 2 leaders, regardless of class.
The TEAM CAPTAIN will be expected to:
• Be on time to all team practices and team functions (at least 15 minutes early), and run warm-up/cool-down at practice and games
• Promote a positive attitude and positive team interactions
• Provide a positive role model concerning commitment, intensity, confidence, response to mistakes, composure, hustle, and a “team first” focus,
• Help settle team conflicts and be willing to confront and hold teammates accountable for their on-and-off field behaviors,
• Work closely with and be the “point-person” for the head coach,
• Encourage and support all teammates,
• Lead the team throughout the season (in good and bad times),
Vote for 3 players in order and those players will be scored based on the following:
5 points for a 1st place vote, 3 points for a 2nd place vote and 1 point for a 3rd place vote.